TCS New York City Marathon
The Legal Aid Society was proud to take part in the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon, Sunday, November 3rd!
Over the last six years, Team LAS runners have raced through the five boroughs of New York City totaling over 812 miles and raising $132,000 for our Civil Practice. This year the team has already raised over $17,000.
When you run for Team LAS, you join a community of advocates who have run for justice, equality and an end to the barriers that keep low income New Yorkers from finding stability and security in the lives. With each mile run, and every dollar raised, we are able to extend our reach into the most vulnerable communities of our city.
We are proud to have five dedicated runners on this year’s team, including three of our Legal Aid Society staff and two pro bono law firm partners.
- Ellen Campbell – Associate, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Yonoris Diaz – Paralegal Casehandler, Legal Aid Society Civil Practice
- Macon Hollister – Mitigation Specialist, Legal Aid Society Criminal Defense Practice
- Sateesh Nori – Attorney-in-Charge, Legal Aid Society Queens Neighborhood Office
- Erik Zorn – Business Development Analyst, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
Click here to support Team LAS as they #RunForJustice!
About the Civil Practice
The Civil Practice assists low-income clients with civil legal matters that have an immediate and direct impact on their everyday lives. We enhance family and community stability by helping clients obtain and maintain the basic necessities of life such as housing, healthcare, food and subsistence income. Unfortunately, there is a much greater need for the services of our Civil Practice than can presently be fulfilled. For every client the Practice can help, there are a substantial number of low-income New Yorkers we must turn away due to lack of funding.