The Department of Education (DOE) offers a variety of options for students who have not succeeded in traditional high school environments through Transfer Schools and District 79 Programs. Students who may benefit from these programs include those who:
- Are overage and under-credited
- Need intensive programming in order to catch up on credits
- Have dropped out of school and want to re-enroll
- Want to learn about vocational and career options
- Want to pursue a High School Equivalency Degree
- Need to attend an evening program because of work or other obligations
In order to access these programs, students should speak to the guidance counselor at their current school, review the Transfer School Directory here or go to one of the District 79 Referral Centers here.