We are delighted to announce that our very own Ellen Davidson has been selected as one of the recipients of the 2019 New York County Lawyers Association (NYCLA) Public Service Awards. This award, given in recognition of distinguished service as a public-sector lawyer, will be presented at the Association’s Public Service Awards Reception on Tuesday, September 17 at 6pm at the House of Law, 14 Vesey Street, Manhattan.
As a staff attorney first in the Bronx Neighborhood Office, and currently in the Law Reform Unit in the Civil Practice, Ellen has shown dedication, creativity and considerable skill in advocating for low-income New Yorkers. While Ellen’s litigation and advocacy skills are exemplary, and would be worthy of this award in any year, the central role that Ellen played working with multiple stakeholder coalitions and elected officials that resulted in passage of the Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019 protecting 2.5 million New Yorkers – make this the absolute year to honor Ellen.
Other recipients this year include:
- Antoinette Carter – Assistant District Attorney, New York Country District Attorney’s Office
- Andrew Dember – Deputy Chief, Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York
- Elizabeth A. Geddes – Division Chief, Labor and Employment Law Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York
- Leah S. Goodbridge – Supervising Attorney, Housing Unit, Mobilization for Justice
- Norma Tinubu – Senior Supervising Attorney, LegalHealth Unit, New York Legal Assistance Group
Please join me in congratulating Ellen, and we hope to see you all at the reception on September 17th. The event is free.